Wednesday, June 9, 2010

LOVE Chicago! (but not the rain)

The interview went great this morning!! The man was very friendly and asked very good questions. Unfortunately my Korean pronunciation was awful! He had to look at my application to figure out which school I would be teaching at :-) The good news is he asked me point blank when I was leaving for Korea, then started signing my papers!!!! All that's left now is picking up my visa on Thursday at 3 pm. After the interview, we watched a movie (at 10:30 am-weird!) and then went to Navy Pier to eat lunch and just relax for a while. We did everything you possibly could inside and then finally left. It's been raining *all day*-not fun! After the Pier, we did a little shopping on State St. then headed back to Union Station to beat the rush.

I'm having a hard time grasping the enormity of what's about to happen in my life. It doesn't feel real. It feels like I've just kind of glossed over the last four months and none of this is actually happening. I think once I get on the airplane Friday morning without my mom, things will really sink in. The emotions that I'm feeling about Friday are confusing and overwhelming. I'm psyched to be following the dream of living in a foreign country, but terrified of trying to fit into such an incredibly foreign country. I'm excited to see and experience new sights and sounds, but petrified of the consequences of regret.

My next blog post will most likely be from South Korea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment